Sunday, June 7, 2009

Trailing Stop Loss hit - SHELL

Aargh.. the closing price of SHELL hit my 7% trailing stop loss last Friday 5th June 2009. Sigh, I thought I could hold this for longer - alas, since its ex-dividend, it dropped more than 7% from it's recent high of RM11.20. The good news is I'll make about 30% net profit, including net dividend, from this SHELL transaction, bought at RM8.05 on 30th December 2008.

Hm, maybe I should tweak my "Value/Core buys" trailing stop loss to 10% to keep my churn down and keep my "Trading buys" at 7%. Decisions decisions.. any advise or experience to share?


Addendum 2009/06/08 1:29pm:
Sold SHELL at $10.50 already. Shaking off the "Should haves, could haves, would haves" by consoling myself that 30%+ net profit in 6 months-ish is good enough.... until I decide that it isn't when I've learned more :D