Thursday, April 17, 2008

Introductions and The Big Picture


As I'm a virgin blogger, I think I'll start it off with something close to my heart - and based on my friends' questions, close to most of the average Joes & Janes heart or head sooner or later - WEALTH.

Wealth to me means enough $, great relationships & health. Hm.. out of the 3 components, as I'm EQ challenged (ask my HR people, they'll agree readibly + add salt too ;P), I'll share with you my own journey / experiences on the other two - $ & health here in this blog.

Let's kick it off with $ - everyone wants some, more, yours, mine, etc. At the heart of having $ is Financial Planning - big 2 words, actually quite easy if taken in bite sized steps. The greatest secret to amassing enough $ is:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

1. Spend less than you make
2. Put your savings into a buffer emergency fund + investments
3. Repeat step 1

Tadaaaa!

With that big secret out of the way, let's focus more on the nitty gritty. I'm from Malaysia (big secret with such a blog title huh), thus most of the stuff here will be related to good ol' Malaysia, where changes are afoot and people knows their votes can make a difference (for better or worse).

Ok ok - on with it. Below is an example of a "big picture" / overview of a plan. I'll share with you my ideas / experience at each each basic area, from the base upwards. Without a strong base, things topple easily, yar.

No comments:

Post a Comment